Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Star-struck!

I had a training session today.
As part of my ongoing professional growth, I'm taking a series of classes known here in California as AB 430 training, in order to "clear" my administrative credential. These classes are at the the Los Angeles County office of Education, and the curriculum is mandated by the state legislature.
I have no objection to any of this- I'm a big fan of professional development, and realize that, as a professional in the employ of the state government, there are certain hoops through which I must jump.
But the point of this post is this: during one of my sessions today, I was provided with a list of resources in the area of educational technology, and on that list were the names Kathy Schrock, David Warlick, and Bernie Dodge.
Many of you are, no doubt, familiar with the work of these individuals. As a matter of fact, I've been followers of theirs since before I even considered going for an administrative credential.
When I finished my training for the day, I posted on Twitter that their names were included in the list of resources I'd received, and that, as I was a follower of theirs on Twitter and had even corresponded with them directly on occasion, I felt kind of special that they were already parts of my Personal Learning Network.
But the part that made me blush like a 12-year-old girl meeting the Jonas Brothers was the fact that within a few minutes of my Tweet, Bernie Dodge responded, with a direct message, that the honor was his.
Wow.
I've said this before: the blogosphere, and by extension the twitterverse, is a place where the run-of-the-mill-Joe like me can rub shoulders with the celebrities of the educational technology universe.
Gotta say, that makes me feel pretty good.

No comments: